This Mega-Meetup is aimed towards understanding the evolution of the Opensource communities OpenDaylight and OpenStack; and sharing the experience of working with these open-source communities.
In this forum, the methodology and experience of contributing code to the open-source communities - for developers; as well as test cases towards CSIT for the testers and the intricacies involved therein shall be shared by experienced people who have been in this field.
This would enable one to start working on OpenDaylight & Openstack; contribute code and automated test suites towards opensource and also be aware of the forums where one can get plugged in and follow. This would also enable one to participate and contribute in Hackathons related to SDN and NFV. For leads and managers interested in taking their teams through SDN and NFV implementation, this helps in understanding the flow and enable their teams with essential support and guidance.
2:00 to 2:30 - Registration and Networking
2:30 to 2:45 - Introduction
2:45 to 3:15 - SDN basics and understanding the evolution of ODL and OpenStack - Prakash N & Vishal Thapar
3:15 to 05:00PM - Working with OpenSource
Development with OpenSource – ODL & OpenStack – Vivekanandan N, Harsh Kumar, Vishal
• Getting started with ODL Developer VM, Setting up an environment - Bringing up stock ODL from LATEST Boron master
• Bringing up Devstack VM based on LATEST OpenStack Newton master
• Show L2 and L3 connectivity with VMs spun-off on networks
• Show how to contribute developed code to ODL
Testing with OpenSource – Sanjib Mohapatra
• How to contribute to CSIT @ ODL - Test Plan; Automation; Testing.
5:00 to 5:30PM - High tea and Networking (and QnA continue)